The FCC’s new long-term Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) provides a discount of up to $30 per month toward internet service for eligible households.
A house is eligible for the ACP if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines; or
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC or Lifeline;
- Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income program
Start the 2-step enrollment process at https://acpbenefit.org/
Get more details at https://www.fcc.gov/acp
If you are having issues with your provider involving the Affordable Connectivity Program, you should first contact customer service at 1-931-853-4351. We encourage you to contact your provider to attempt to resolve your issue prior to filing a complaint. If your issue is not resolved satisfactorily, you may file a complaint with the FCC by visiting https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=38824 and select “availability” as the Issue and fill in the form.